Being a GP doesn’t limit you to working in a room all day. There are numerous pathways you can take:
- Sole practitioner
- Partner with a practice
- Manage your own practice
- Specialise (eg. emergency medicine, obstetrics, surgery)
- Medical Education
A career like no other
Helping people every day and making a direct and sustained impact to your community’s wellbeing, will satisfy and reward you on many levels.
As a GP, you have the ability to apply investigatory skills and treat patients holistically. You will interact with generations of families and build relationships that can last a lifetime.
You are rewarded with the opportunity to take your specialty and apply it anywhere in the world.
General Practice is a challenging specialty that offers life-long learning.
If you want a rewarding career where each day is different, then General Practice is for you. Read more about how GP Training works.
The benefits are many and varied
- Diversity of skills and knowledge
- Treat a patient from beginning to end
- Long term patient relationships
- Work in a team, or autonomously
- Stable profession
- Rewarding and self fulfilling
- Contribute to your local community
- Life-long career
- A profession you can take anywhere
- Choose your own destination
- Complex and challenging experience
- Manage patients in a holistic manner
- Knowledge of many areas required
- Specialise in interests, eg. obstetrics, emergency medicine, etc.
- Every day is different
- High job satisfaction
- Self managed
- Advocate for the patient