ASHM: Learn to manage and treat Hepatitis B
Hepatitis B s100 Prescriber Course
As rates of Hepatitis B increase over the next 10 years in Australia, there is a need for primary care practitioners to screen, diagnose, treat and/or monitor their patients within the primary care setting.
Through online learning and interactive face to face teaching, participants of this course will learn to:
- screen at-risk patients, accurately diagnose CHB infection and assess phase of the disease;
- monitor patients appropriately, establish suitability for treatment and refer to specialist care if indicated;
- discuss aims of treatment, antiviral treatment options, duration of therapy and definitions of response;
- monitor patients on treatment according to established protocols, recognise and manage resistance, hepatitis flares and response, and
- recognise risk factors, clinical signs, symptoms and complications of advanced liver disease and manage or refer to specialist care appropriately.
Saturday, 16 June 2018
8.45am – 5.00pm
Rydges South Park Adelaide, 1 South Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
Cost: free to attend
Register online by 8 June.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.